2009-09-22

Grandaddy - Rode My Bike to My Stepsister's Wedding


Artist: Grandaddy

Song: Rode My Bike to My Stepsister’s Wedding

Album: VV.AA. - Sleeping Off Stolen Dreams. A Documentary Soundtrack.

The solar-powered space pop combo Grandaddy were formed in 1992 in Modesto, CA, by singer/guitarist/keyboardist Jason Lytle, bassist Kevin Garcia, and drummer Aaron Burtch. Although a noisy, lo-fi approach characterized early recordings like 1994's Complex Party Come Along Theories, the addition of guitarist Jim Fairchild and keyboardist Tim Dryden in 1995 expanded the band's sound exponentially, fueling such subsequent efforts as the unreleased Don't Sock the Tryer and the 1996 EP A Pretty Mess by This One Band. Originally issued on indie label Will Records, 1997's acclaimed full-length Under the Western Freeway... Read More...

music

I rode my bike to my stepsister's wedding
and in my backpack was designer bedding
and a gift certificate for a cd or for a cassette
a cd or cassette
I only but once met her new guy
and the good news to me is he seems shy
maybe he'll help me find a new job
this ride that I'm on is all done
all over and done
if the wildest boar couldn't see me
then why does boredom at home see me so clearly
like a flashlight in the campfire that fade
forgetting the plans that I made
the plans that I made
so I grabbed my bike, I said goodbye and I left the wedding
I didn't get far for how cold it was getting
as I slept in a pile of leaves
I dreamt you were there next to me
you were there next to me
as I shivered that night in the leaves
I dreamt you were warm next to me
you were warm next to me

No comments: