2009-10-20

Cool Kids - Black Mags


Artist: Cool Kids

Song: Black Mags

Album: The Bake Sale (2008)

Part of the mid-2000s hip-hop movement that found kids in all-over prints rapping about their shoes and their favorite forms of transportation (which often weren't cars), the Cool Kids proved to be both an Internet and live show phenomenon. The duo of Mikey Rocks(born Antoine Reed) and Chuck Inglish (or Evan Ingersoll) met in mid-2005 after Mickey came across some of Chuck's beats online and liked what he heard. They met up in their Chicago-area homes (whereMikey was born and raised; Chuck lived in Mount Clemens, MI, about 30 miles north of Detroit, until he was 11) with the intention of making beats to sell to other artists, but soon realized their own measured, ... Read More...

The Bake Sale is the critically acclaimed EP by American hip hop duo The Cool Kids. It has sold over 50,000 copies in the U.S

review

Verse (Chuck):

I got this 89-90, Pistons champ flat/ bill black starter cap with the hologram tags/
White Mag rims, red rubber tires/
Chain, frame, pegs, grips, shift to my supplier/
Dope man attire, gimme bout an hour/
And I'll have it clicking, ticking, gliding, flying like McGuyver/
I'm a Murder Club, dope pedal rider/
Nigel said I'm good to get that ink on my bicep/
I gets, busy as a bee on my bike grips/
If I catwalk this, I walk, I can fly this/
Bitch and I'm fly, and it's tied to the side/
that's the flag that I'm flying/
Add to the fact that it all coincides with these wheels that I'm riding/
3pt Mags make you think that I'm gliding/
... Shiiiit nigga I aint lying/
I got a long rap sheet that'll say that I'm tied in/

Chorus

Verse (Mikey):

I hit chuck on the pager yo, I'm kinda bored/
And got class til later so, open garage/
And I don't really know which way to go, I aint tryna skate it though/
And my bikes illegal, so they send for the law/
But I don't care joe, I just keep on pedalin/
Ride past shorty light skinned with no melanin/
Shirt look like somebody stuffed two melons in/
Had to stop, so I could preach like revered/
I grip on the handbrake and say "Whatup?"/
I skip on the handshakes, I'm straight. What else? /
I got two pegs on the back, and you got two legs under your skirt/
So ho, we head/
To the Dope Pedal Headquarters/
You would be there if you could/
Chuck got the red wheels and the white mags, but it's all good/
Got the gold hundred spokes like Boys in the Hood/
With the lime green frame, dollars on the bike/
Seat, handlebar grips, is the same as my Nikes/
In the mold, the gold I use for my spokes/
And the frame, the same as I use for my chain/ Out!

Chorus

Mikey Rocks and Chuck Inglish (myspace.com/gocoolkids) in their first video adventure. while GL-Joe (myspace.com/GL_Joe) directed and Jake Z (www.lookatrubbish.com) filmed it.

No comments: