2009-10-07

Roots and Wisdom - Bikes not Bombs


Artist: Roots And Wisdom

Songs: Bikes Not Bombs

Album: Africa Fe (1971)

AFRICA FE is the second CD recorded by ROOTS AND WISDOM which is currently available through CD BABY. (The first one is BICYCLES FOR RASTAS MAYAS)

This cd AFRICA FE was recorded primarily to raise money and materials for an international cultural center for AFRICAN and MAYAN social projects in the Yucatan peninsula in Mexico. The center is currently being built near Cancun, in Felipe Carrillo Puerto, 100 kilometers from Tulum.

Even though ROOTS AND WISDOM is an African, reggae and world music oriented band led by Nigerian born musician Wisdom Ogbor, the group is based in Mexico where they regularly perform in the Yucatan peninsula and Central America. They invite you to join them for your next Caribbean vacation by e-mailing them through their website for their tour updates.

music

review

Do you think that for all the blood shared at war that Jah is dead?
Jah no dead because man fight war
Give a good future to the suicide bomber and see if they will blow that away

Bow down your ears oh Jah and hear me for I am poor and in misery
Protect me for I am your child
Save me for I serve you and trust you

Bob Marley sing it in his songs,
Winston Rodney always thinking about it
Lee Scratch Perry sing it...

Just because dem kill Far I don't mean say Jah dead
Just because they killed Kwame Nkrumah don't mean that Jah dead
Jah is God, and a merciful one
Give I and I happiness for our lives depend on you

Jah so good and so willing and easy to forgive,
Forgive George Bush for being an international killer
of innocent women and children
and letting dogs eat dead bodies on the streets of Louisiana....

Jah no dead, Jah no dead, Jah no dead.....

Jah children
They said they killed Emperor Haile Selasie I
The only king we know from Ethiopia
From the line of king David,
Coming from the line of king Solomon
But I man come here to tell you say

Jah no dead, Jah no dead, Jah no dead.....

Teach me your ways oh Jah that I may live according to your truth
Grant me purity of heart that I may honor you..

Jah no dead, Jah no dead, Jah no dead.....

Jah has rescued me from the hands of death
While violent people are trying to kill me
Jah, insolent people have no love for you...

Jah, Rastafari I
Ever living, ever faithful, ever sure
All Jah Jah children must unite and come to peace
and not war
and come to light
and not fight....

No where among the pagan's gods
is there a Jah like you oh God

Bikes, not bombs...2x

Food, not bombs...2x

Shelter, not bombs...2x

Water, not bombs...2x

There are no other miracles like yours
All the nations are yours...
and they will come before you
They will praise your great name
for you are great and perform great miracles
You alone are God
Have mercy on me
Give strenght to your servant
Yes, save me, for I am your servant....

Jah bring peace and love and understanding to all Jah children
I will tell you..
For Jah said.....

Bikes, not bombs...
Food, not bombs...
Shelter, not bombs...

Just because they killed Kwame Nkrumah
don't meanJ ah dead
Just because Fela dead
don't mean Jah dead...

All Jah children want to hear you say,
I man come from Ethiopia,
I man come from Africa, right here to Mexico
and we say....

Food, not bombs...
Bikes, not bombs...

Jah, full of unfailing love
bow down your ears
and listen carefully to me
for I am poor and in misery
and down, and out...

Shelter, not bombs...
Water, not bombs....

Jah children gotta hear this vibes
because I and I come down here to Carrillo Puerto
with peace and love, seen...?
All Maya children say Irie...2x
All Jah Jah children say paz...

and they will come before you
and they will praise your great name
for you are great and perform great miracles
You alone are God..

with all my heart I will praise you oh Jah, my God
I will give glory forever to your name
for your love for me is so great
You have rescued me from the depths of death
while violent people are trying to kill me
There is no other love like you
no other God like you, oh Jah...

No comments: