2009-06-21

Justin Roberts - Taking Of My Training Wheels


Artist: Justin Roberts

Song: Taking Of My Training Wheels

Album: Meltdown (2006)

Meltdown! is Justin's fifth CD and his most accomplished effort to date. Justin explores the kid's perspective from sidewalk chalk drawings to oceanside sandcastles to life's inevitable meltdowns. With sly references to Elvis Costello, Paul Simon, and Modern English (the title track ends with the proclamation "I'd stop the world and meltdown with you!"), Meltdown! will have the whole family playing air guitar in no time.

(…) bit of a convoluted and tenuous cycling link this one but worth following i think. currently featured on apple's website is artist sarajo frieden and one of the items of work by this very idiosyncratic artist is the cd cover shown right by justin roberts for his album of children's music entitled 'meltdown'

the music is available on itunes (just type 'justin roberts' into the search box), and one of the tracks is entitled 'taking off my training wheels' (if you ever listened to the davis county cycling podcast, you could imagine them playing this) which presumably gave rise to the illustration by sarajo. so it gets a mention here because i like sarajo's style, she uses a mac and it's got a bike on it.

music

I started off with three wheels, then I went to four

I started off with three wheels, then I went to four

Just to get to two (doesn’t seem right)

It doesn’t seem right (doesn’t seem right)

To go from three to four to two

So I’m taking off (taking off)

I’m taking off (taking off)

I’m taking off my training wheels

Now I won’t be scared a bit when I take that ride

No, I won’t be scared a bit with Dad by my side

He’ll catch my fall (catch my fall)

Catch my fall (catch my fall)

When you’re a dad, sometimes that’s the deal

CHORUS

Even though I took ‘em off might put ‘em back on

Even though I took ‘em off might put ‘em back on

And I might go rollin’ rollin’ rollin’ rollin’ rollin’

Through the lawn

Cause it’s softer, softer, softer, softer, softer

No comments: