2009-04-11

Tracy Jane Comer - Yellow Bike


Artist: Tracy Jane Comer

Song: Yellow Bike

Album: Yellow Bike EP (2006)

 

Originally titled "Solo Guitar & Vocals" with six tracks, expanded to EIGHT original acoustic tracks for this 2006 re-release. Seven vocal/guitar tracks and one guitar instrumental, performed live in the studio by Tracy and recorded/produced by Randy Green. Six songs are solo versions of material later produced/released on the Quietly ThereCD. Includes four award-winning tracks and other audience favorites.  

 

biography

music

 

Ten years old in ’74 in a run down shack with a bathroom on the porch
Free school lunch and hand-me-downs and a two-hour ride on the school bus into town
But a view of the ocean from my window
I loved to watch the tide just come and go, there alone

Bought a fishing pole at the five-and-dime...Never caught a fish, but I loved to throw that line
Sittin’ on the pier in the salty air, spinning daydreams to pass the time
And I rode my yellow bike on that beach road
Never thought about where I might go...I just rode

Riding, flying, on that road
Laughing, smiling, all alone
Living poor, but living free
Happy on that yellow bike on that road beside the sea

Hibernating in my room with my forty-fives and AM radio
Leaving all the world behind, never wanting more than just that time alone
The nighttime brought its dark and bitter haze
But oh, how I loved those daydream days by the sea

I wonder why I just can’t understand why I’m sad that I was happy then
Do I have such a better life today that I’ll never have that bliss of yesterday?

Twenty-six cats, and two hamsters, the air thick with ten thousand fleas
Waiting for that monthly check to buy one week’s worth of groceries
But I don’t think that occurred to me life wasn’t all that it should be...we just lived

Riding, flying, on that road
Laughing, smiling, all alone
Living poor, but living free
Happy on that yellow bike on that road beside the sea

 

No comments: