2009-03-20

Guided By Voices - Tricyclic Looper


Artist: Guided By Voices

Song:  Tricyclic Looper

Album: Box (1995)

 

Guided by Voices  was an American indie rock band originating from DaytonOhio. Since the band's formation in 1983, it experienced frequent personnel changes, but always maintained the presence of principal songwriter Robert Pollard. Guided by Voices disbanded in 2004, though many of its former members remain musically involved in solo careers or other side projects.

Guided by Voices also garnered much attention for its prolific output, with a seemingly endless stream of releases. Most songs are in the two-minute range, but many are even shorter; often they end abruptly or are intertwined with odd and homemade sound effects.

 

Tricyclic Looper appears on “Box” (five cd), but was originally included in “Back To Saturn X”, album proposed/aborted in 1992. Box collects their first four limited-release albums and an LP of previously unavailable material, King Shit and the Golden Boys.

 

review

 

Tricyclic looper breaks his neck
brings down the walls says it cool
tricyclic looper says come on
tries it ? that's not my school
tricyclic looper free the man
the man who earns a chain a day
tryiclic looper it's a gas
freedom now and have some class
try issues field the play 
try with me that's okay
drive around all your way
drive me
try issues field the play 
try with me that's okay
drive me around your way
drive me

come on loop, loop
tricyclic looper loves his job
choose it that way he's a slob
tricyclick looper loves his job
scream and shot takes some drugs
and rides it out.
tricyclic looper
freedom man 
freedom chump who broke his hands
tricyclic looper all they way 
all the day and all decay
she don't nose around me
I'm okay without
don't you break me bottle baby
I'm the one that said that
triciclic looper triciclic looper
triciclic looper
come on loop

 

 

No comments: