2010-10-20

Ric Menck - The Bicycle Song


Artist: Ric Menck

Song: The Bicycle Song

Album: The Ballad of Ric Menck (1996)

"The Bicycle Song", the b-side to the "Perfect Day" single on Parasol by Choo Choo Train -- one of the landmark records of American indiepop. Choo Choo Train was one of Ric Menck and Paulie Chastain's umpteen pre-Velvet Crush bands.

(…) a CD of songs (and bonus tracks over the 1996 release) from Ric and various collaborators before he and Paul Chastain created the band Velvet Crush. Very cool stuff and I am glad I was finally able to find a copy. Songs - Perfect Day, Wishing On A Star, Are We Gonna Be Alright? (a Matthew Sweet song), Wonder, She Swirls Around Me.
If you like your pop music you will be glad you got this one.

Review

About Ric Menck

I'm tall and skinny. I mostly prefer animals to people. I've been playing drums since I was just a sprig. Over the years I've provided the teenage beat for artists as divergent as Matthew Sweet, Susanna Hoffs, the Del Reys, the Tyde, the Pernice Brothers, Aimee Mann, Stephen Duffy, Mia Doi Todd, Frausdots, the Gigilo Aunts, Andrew, Bitter Bitter Weeks, the Novenas, the Quarter After, Marianne Faithfull, Liz Phair, Shoes, Bobby Sutliff, the Windbreakers, Parthenon Huxley, Darren Cooper, the Flatmates, Choo Choo Train, the Springfields, the Blinkies, Get Smart, the Reverbs, and of course, the little band that couldn't, Velvet Crush. If you'd like, I'll play drums on your record too! Just released is my new 7-inch 45 RPM vinyl single available via Parasol Records.

No comments: