2010-09-07

Davi Ivar, Herman dune - My Brand New Bike


Artist: David Ivar - Herman Dune

Song: My Brand New Bike

Album: Ya Ya (2004)

Herman Düne is a French duo, formed in 1999. Originally a trio, the band now consists of David-Ivar Herman Düne (guitars and vocals) and Néman Herman Düne (drums and sometimes backing vocals). Néman, who is from Switzerland, replaced former drummer Omé in early 2001. On 13 December 2006, André Herman Düne played his last show with the band, and subsequently changed his name to Stanley Brinks. With Andre's departure, the umlaut was dropped from the name. The band are often joined by other musicians on live performances.

Some of Herman Düne's influences include: Leiber & Stoller, Chuck Berry, Leonard Cohen, Bob Dylan and Carole King.

Herman Düne have worked with several other bands and singers such as Turner Cody, Julie Doiron, Leah Hayes, Laura Hoch and the Wave Pictures.

In addition to the band's own albums, its members have worked on many side projects, some of which include Kungen, Ben Haschish, Ben Dope, John Trawlings, Fountain Boats, Satan's Fingers, and Fast Ganz. They have also played as the backing band for recordings by Julie Doiron (ex-Eric's Trip) and Kimya Dawson (ex-Moldy Peaches). Both André and David-Ivar have also released numerous solo CDs (mostly self-released CDRs). André and David-Ivar each contributed a song to the 2006 album by Françoiz Breut, Une Saison Volée. In 2006 he did a Take-Away Show video session shot by Vincent Moon.

This song 'I Wish That I Could See You Soon' was #89 on Rolling Stone's list of the 100 Best Songs of 2007.

review

music

well i decided to change my name to write that comic book
that i was talking about over the phone
and it turns out to be a pretty good idea
with all the many stuff that's coming out of me
i don't know what to think about that crap
all those dark weird panels that i come up with
it must be something inside of me
that i didn't want anybody to see
it must be something inside of me
that i didn't want you guys to see
and if i changed my name, it would be david cohen
well i have always wanted to be called a cohen
first class seats at the downfall and it's a great name to be a singer
well i wonder if i really wanna be a singer
at least it would make me die younger, in the dark, in the corner of an empty pub
it must be something inside of me that i didn't want anybody to see
it must be something inside of me that i didn't want you guys to see
and i'll be standing there with my brand new name
i'll be proud as the king of nowhere
talking shit about people that i have no reason to talk shit about
then they'll be like "cohen's getting bitter thoughts days"
and i, i wouldn't give a fuck, i wouldn't give a fuck
cause i'll be riding my brand new bike from on bank to the other
i'll be riding my brand new bike from on bank to the other
i'll be riding my brand new bike from on bank to the other
i'll be riding my brand new bike from on bank to the other
i'll be riding my brand new bike from on bank to the other
i'll be riding my brand new bike from on bank to the other
i'll be riding my brand new bike from on bank to the other
i'll be riding my brand new bike from on bank to the other

No comments: