2010-01-13

Owen - One of These Days


Artist: Owen

Song: One of These Days

Album: At Home With Owen (2006)

Owen is Mike Kinsella. For almost a decade, Kinsella has been known for his important role in some of Chicago's most revered bands: Cap'n Jazz, Joan of Arc, Owls, and American Football. All of the projects with the exception of American Football were bands in which Kinsella played with his older brother, Tim Kinsella, a well-known Chicago musician in his own right. In the projects in which the Kinsella brothers joined up together, Mike was relegated to the role of drums while his brother handled guitar work. more

review

music

one of these days I'll make some money
and buy myself those things that I want:
acrylic paints, acoustic guitar strings, a new bicycle seat
for my ride over to your house each night
and one of these days I'll get a real job
one that actually pays
like my dad had

you know my father, the bartender
used to wear a suit to work
before he hit the drink,
the old man used to do a lot of things

one of these days I'll give up
and give in to the man

No comments: